Facts about Green Tea
Since ancient times, the Chinese have studied and proved the medicinal properties and benefits of green tea. It has been proven that green tea has many health benefits as compared to any other food or beverages. It has been used by the Chinese to cure simple ailments like headaches, stomach ailments to depression. Green tea had been used for over 4,000 years and is known to to be a proven remedy for many ailments and illnesses.
Health benefits of Green Tea
• Reduces the risk of having cancer by inhibiting the growth of cancer cells especially on the colon, pancreas, rectum, bladder, oesophagus, and stomach without harming healthy cells
• Helpful for those who have rheumatoid arthritis
• Reduce the risk of having hypertension and elevated blood pressure
• Reduces the cholesterol level in the body
• Increases metabolism
• Helps the body to fight viruses and bacteria by improving the defence activities of the immune system
• Reduces the process of thrombosis which helps reduce heart attacks and strokes
• Green tea also helps destroy free radicals
• Helps in reducing fatigue and stress due to its calming action
• Fights cardiovascular diseases
• Green tea is also known for its antibacterial antiviral properties
• The secret of green tea is its catechin polyphenols, particularly epigallocatechin (EGCG) which is a powerful antioxidant
• EGCG is twice as powerful as whose action is to lower the incidence of heart disease
• Green tea comes from Camellia Sinensis plant
• What sets green tea apart from other tea is the way it was processed, green tea leaves are steamed which prevents the important contents from being oxidized
• By contrast other tea brands are made from fermented tea leaves; as a result, the other components are converted into other compounds that are not as effective as that of green tea
• New evidence suggests that green tea helps dieters by eliminating fat from the body and helps the body burn more calories compared to caffeine or a placebo
• Green tea can even help prevent tooth decay
• The bacterial actions of green tea can help prevent food poisoning
• Wide variety of beauty products now contains green tea are available in the market that claims to have great effect in beauty and wellness
• Green tea capsules are now available in health stores for those who don’t want to drink tea
• A cup of green tea contains caffeine level of 20 to 70 milligrams
• There are several kinds of green tea which are available in the market they differ on the amount of caffeine content
To the present study and research green tea have proven a lot of benefits and medicinal properties but when it comes to harmful effects of green tea had been reported to contribute to insomnia or difficulty of sleep experienced by users. Green tea is advised to be taken at least 3 to 4 cups daily and not to be taken as a substitute for water.
Caffeine is the ingredient found in green tea that contributes to sleeping difficulty but its caffeine contents are less compared to that of coffee and black tea. Other components of green tea must also be controlled for it can contribute to liver problems.
For pregnant mothers and for under medications it is important to ask your doctor before consuming the beverage for some components of green tea might have reactions with other compounds found in medications.